Ph of Hair and your products

So I have been doing this curly girl method for almost a week now, my hair very soft, feels kinda limp but I can't complain it is very soft and I don't have to worry about dryness. My only problem is I don't want to end up with Moisture overload. Im on a quest for healthy hair and less breakage and broken strands that leaves me with see through ends. I plan on getting a trim with my next relaxer, but until now, work on maintaining healthy hair.

Sebum, which is the hair's natural oil, has a pH (potential/power of hydrogen) Level of 4.5 to 5.5, which makes it slightly acidic.It is ideal for us to keep our hair at a 4.5 to 5.5 pH level. Not only is it healthy for our hair, but it helps to keep fungi and bacteria from our scalp.
credit:

 Alkaline means that the product has a pH level of 7 or over and it is a non-acidic product. The cuticle opens up when an alkaline substance is applied to it.
we know that alkalis will open the cuticle, and acids will flatten it, Credit:
http://www.stuff4beauty.com/Beauty-Blog/ph-levels-of-hair-what-does-it-mean/

So Now With that said I check my hair products and most are in check ranging from 4-5 since I started the curly girl method.
Tresseme Natural conditioner is 4-5
Aphogee green tea 2.5-3
Hawaiian Silk 5
Aphogee 2 Min recon 5
Aphogee Deep Moisturizing shampoo 5-5.5* will be added

NOW with that said everything looks moisture/protein balanced.  Do I need deep conditioner hmmmm.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...